Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

My E-book Christmas

After months and months of shopping, decorating, and making plans Christmas is over.  It reminds me of planning a wedding.  You scrutinize making sure everything is perfect, keep secrets from people to mesmerize them when the big day arrives, and then when everything’s over you wonder where it all went.  So much effort for something that only lasts hours, and lives on forever in photos (photos that will make you cringe at your wardrobe and hair choice in ten years). 

Well, despite the empty feeling, and the naked tree skit, I decided to relish in my wonderful gifts.  As my daughter frantically ran around from toy to toy, I sat with my Nook and went shopping. 

Anyone that knows me knows that I love to read.  The perfect gift for an avid reader and a First Generation Nook owner like me is a plethora of Barnes and Noble gift cards.  That’s exactly what I got (in addition to the hardback first print collector’s edition of Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, and a new lap desk). 

Here’s the list of great priced books I got:

  • Wither (Chemical Garden Series #1) by Lauren DeStefano
  • Passion  (Fallen Series #3) by Lauren Kate
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
  • Entwined by Heather Dixon (on sale for 99 cents)
  • Withering Tights by Louise Rennison (on sale for 99 cents)
  • Vesper by Jeff Sampson (on sale for 99 cents)
  • The Unidentified by Rae Mariz (on sale for 99 cents)
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (on sale for 99 cents)
  • Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn’t Have) by Sarah Mlynowski (on sale for 99 cents)
  • The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood (on sale for 99 cents)
  • Lucky (Avery Sisters Trilogy Series #1) by Rachel Vail (on sale for 99 cents)
  • Hereafter by Tara Hudson (on sale for 99 cents – already have in Hardback print but figured I’d keep my book nice for this price)
  • Bumped by Megan McCafferty (on sale for 99 cents)
  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (Yes, I just said I have the hardback, but I cherish this author and try to keep the books undamaged.)
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines Series #2) by Richelle Mead (Pre-order)
  • Fever (Chemical Garden Series #2) – Lauren DeStefano (Pre-order)
  • Rapture (Fallen Series #4) – Lauren Kate (Pre-order)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side – Beth Fantaskey (Pre-order)
  • Fated – Alyson Noel (Pre-order)
  • City of Lost Souls – Cassandra Clare (Pre-order)
  • Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side – Beth Fantaskey (Free, which I could not believe because I’ve listened to this audiobook more than twice and loved it)
I know it’s a lot but this will hopefully get me through the year.  Last year my gift cards bought me ten books.   After four months, I was done, and frantically digging through containers for hardbacks to read.  Thus, all of the pre-orders you see on the list.  It’s my attempt to indulge myself with the instant gratification that comes with purchasing something while also knowing that on those release dates the books will instantly download to my nook.  I feel both foolish to have spent my entire gift at once, but proud to have planned ahead. 

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!  (And a stocking full of e-book gift cards…lol). 


*** 99 cent e-book deals came from facebook.com/epicreads.  It's part of their 10 e-books for $10 promo.  From what I understand, you can also take advantage of the price on those e-books on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment