Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo - June 2012

I don’t know how many people are actually participating in Camp Nanowrimo, but in case you didn’t know there are two sessions going on this summer.  (Hello?  *taps mic*  Is anyone there? *feedback screaches*)  There’s one in June, and another session in August.  For the first five days of June, I decided to keep moving forward with my revisions on my NaNoWriMo manuscript, but on the sixth day my muse had other ideas.  Roughly 8,500 words behind, but I’m almost 6,000 words in.  It’s starting to even out and not seem so bad.    

My daughter has discovered the joy of her Mess Free Crayola markers and tablet that she received for Easter, but didn’t want to touch in April.  Last night she sat down and colored quietly for forty five minutes, while I baked a cake.  When it was time for bed, she threw a hysterical you’re-breaking-my-heart fit as I took the markers and pad of paper from her. 
Normally, as a parent, fits warrant a cringe, instead I couldn’t help but be a little happy.  It was the first time she was throwing a fit because her productivity was being interrupted instead of me stopping a destructive activity.  As a child that adored art, and even dreamt of being a great artist, it’s a little special to me that she’s grabbed on to the past time for now.  I’m sure it will change as she finds other things of interest, and that’s okay.  It’s all part of her journey.  All the little parts of her past that will shape her adult form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment