I'm sitting here avoiding writing by watching a 16 & Pregnant Re-run. As I'm watching this poor teenage girl get verbally abused by her boyfriend's mother I'm mentally divided. On one side I'm thinking: poor thing leave that place and go back to your mom's house in New Jersey. On the other side of my brain I'm thinking: I shouldn't waste my brain cell's watching this stuff while I should be working through the tough time I'm having with my manuscript.
I'm currently in the editing process of one, while I'm working on two others. One's on hold, and the other popped up while I was avoiding editing.
My problem is: no matter how much I reword things, rethink things, rework things nothing sounds quite right. It doesn't sound as good as I want it to. The words in my mind don't translate to the page like I want them too.
I'm hoping that a little break will give me a fresh look on things. Maybe magically I won't feel like I suck anymore, and can reach the level of talent I'd like to. I don't want to just write a book to say I wrote a book. I want to write because I love doing it. However, I am my own worst critic, and I want my work to be worthy. I want it to be so good that you can't put it down. I want it to linger in your mind in a way that you have to pick it up again and revisit it.
Anyone out there in writer world feel me?
No comments:
Post a Comment